FC Halifax Town played to a goalless draw against Dagenham and Redbridge this evening in the Vanarama National League.

The away side started brightly, with Sydney Ibie laying off to Ryan Hill at the edge of the box. However, it resulted in a timid effort that met a deflection.

Moments later, Conor Lawless had the chance to capitalize on an error from Jo Cummings but was denied by Town’s goalkeeper, Sam Johnson.

Ibie seemed to pose an early threat to Town’s defence as he darted into the box, only to be stopped by Cummings. The centre-back showcased defensive brilliance after his earlier mistake.

The Shaymen attempted to break away on the other end as Angelo Cappello fed the ball to Millenic Alli, whose strike hit the side netting, earning a corner. Ryan Galvin’s delivery found its way into the heart of the box, but Jamie Cooke’s effort was blocked by several bodies scrambling in the Dagenham area.

Jack Evans made an excellent interception in midfield, and Alli had the best chance of the first half, breaking through the Dagenham defence. However, he ended up tangled in his own feet, perhaps uncertain of what to do.

The away side continued to reveal vulnerabilities in their defence as Cooke won the ball in the final third and found Cappello outside the box. However, a great save by keeper Elliot Justham denied Cappello.

Dagenham sought to respond in the dying minutes of the first half through Hill, but he was brought down by a reckless challenge from Galvin, who received a booking in the 42nd minute.

The momentum shifted to the away side as Hill’s shot was saved by Johnson, but Lawless’s rebound was off-target. It was a rare chance squandered, and the first half ended goalless with both sides struggling for quality in the final third.

The second half began with the Shaymen applying relentless pressure but to no avail. Cappello won the ball back in midfield but was brought down by a challenge from Harry Phipps, who received a booking in the 51st minute.

Alli responded with a brilliant challenge and found Cappello, who tried to break the deadlock on his own, but his shot hit the side netting.

Dagenham responded with a corner that found a man at the back post, but Johnson’s excellent save denied them. Cooke was substituted in the 58th minute for Florent Hoti, making his competitive debut for the Shaymen after an impressive pre-season. There was a cry of frustration from the away fans as Evans made a rash challenge inside the box, but no penalty was given. Dagenham made a double change, bringing on Charley Kendall and Freddie Sears for Ibie and Keenan Appiah-Forson in the 65th minute. The Shaymen also made their second change, bringing on Max Wright for Andrew Oluwabori a minute later.

Omar Mussa was booked in the 70th minute after another harsh challenge. Two more players found their way into the referee’s book: Cappello for a poor challenge and Hill for arguing with referee Richard Aspinall. Evans was also booked in the 77th minute.

Cappello provided Alli with the best chance of the whole game, delivering a clear cross into the box. However, the Town winger’s header went straight at Justham.

Dagenham made their final change, bringing on Josh Rees for Mussa in the 84th minute.

The final whistle blew at The Shay, and the match ended in a 0-0 draw. This marks four games without a win for the Shaymen.