Halifax Town triumphantly returned to the winner’s circle, clinching a 2-1 victory against Boreham Wood in the Vanarama National League.

The visitors initiated the action in the early minutes, with Cameron Coxe and Angelo Balanta launching the first attempts of the game.

Nonetheless, it was the Shaymen who seized an early advantage when a well-placed cross from Jack Evans found the head of Rob Harker. Hitting the post, Harker’s effort rebounded to Florent Hoti, who confidently slotted home in the 6th minute, marking his fifth goal of the season.

Eager to extend their lead, Town earned a free-kick just outside the box. Midfielder Luke Summerfield aimed for the top corner, but his effort sailed just over the crossbar.

Tylor Golden also showcased his attacking prowess, testing Wood’s keeper Nathan Ashmore with a left-footed attempt.

While a long ball threatened Town at the other end, forward Lee Ndlovu couldn’t capitalize on the opportunity, missing the near corner with his shot.

In the 38th minute, Billy Sass-Davies found himself booked after a foul on Andrew Oluwabori.

Town exhibited impressive link-up play as Max Wright set up Summerfield for a goal-scoring opportunity. However, the tight angle prevented Summerfield from rounding the goalkeeper successfully.

As the first half drew to a close, Wood applied pressure, with Matt Robison delivering a through ball to Balanta inside the box. Nevertheless, Adam Senior’s robust block denied Balanta’s attempt.

The second half commenced with Town earning back-to-back corners. Kane Thompson-Sommers tried his luck with a long-range strike, comfortably gathered by Ashworth.

In the 57th minute, Sam Johnson received a booking for time-wasting.

Hoti, played behind the Boreham defence by Harker, cut inside the box, but his shot was deflected out for a corner.

Both teams made substitutions, with Town introducing Aaron Cosgrave for Max Wright and Tom Whelan replacing Balanta.

Fyfield’s shot was blocked by Senior, resulting in a corner. Despite the chaos in the box, Golden secured a crucial block to preserve Town’s lead.

On the other end, Town had an excellent chance to double the lead, but Cosgrave’s attempt was thwarted by Ashmore.

Whelan’s free-kick set up Ndlovu, who headed home in the 77th minute, equalizing for Boreham.

Golden, driving the ball forward from the right, was fouled by Bush inside the box, winning Town a penalty. Summerfield expertly sent Ashmore the wrong way, restoring the lead in the 81st minute.

Town made their second change, bringing on Jack Hunter for Golden in the 85th minute, and the final change saw Jack Jenkins replace Hoti.

With the fourth official indicating 6 minutes of added time, the final whistle blew at The Shay, securing all three points for Halifax Town. This victory serves as a commendable response after the challenging defeat to Bromley last weekend.