FC Halifax Town suffered a 2-0 defeat at the hands of second-placed Bromley this afternoon, with Corey Whitely netting both goals. The match, marked by a red card for each team, saw Adan George and Besart Topalloj sent off.

In a tactical move, Town manager Chris Millington made a single change from the previous 1-0 victory over Dagenham, bringing in Rob Harker for Florent Hoti.

From the outset, Bromley took control, creating an early opportunity in the first minute with a corner that eluded Michael Cheek, resulting in a goal kick for the visitors.

Although Town attempted to release Adan George in the 6th minute, the linesman flagged him offside. A pause in play occurred on the 10th minute for treatment to Bromley’s goalkeeper Grant Smith, who managed to continue despite the setback.

Besart Topolloj’s foul on Max Wright awarded Town a free-kick on the right-hand side, but Luke Summerfield’s subsequent delivery into the box was headed wide by defender Jamie Stott.

Despite Bromley’s early dominance, the home side failed to capitalize on several chances, including a missed opportunity by Olufela Olomola in the 34th minute.

The breakthrough for Bromley finally came in the 38th minute when Corey Whitely found the back of the net with a first-time shot, securing his 7th league goal of the season.

Bromley continued to press for a second goal, with Michael Cheek’s effort cleared off the line by Luke Summerfield just a minute later. The pressure paid off early in the second half, as Whitely scored his second goal from inside the box, doubling Bromley’s lead.

Despite Town’s efforts to get back into the game, Bromley’s defence remained resilient. Town made two substitutions in the 58th minute, bringing on Florent Hoti and Kane Thompson-Sommers for Jack Hunter and Max Wright.

Bromley came close to a third goal, with Ben Krauhaus’s effort hitting the bar. Whitely had a chance for a hat-trick, but his attempt went over the bar.

As the game reached its conclusion, both teams saw red during six minutes of injury time. Adan George and Besart Topalloj were sent off for an off-the-ball incident, adding a dramatic twist to the closing moments of the match.