Halifax Town suffered a 2-0 defeat on the road against Wealdstone this afternoon, with goals in the first half from Aaron Henry and ex-Town player Tahvon Campbell in injury time.

Manager Chris Millington made a single change from Tuesday night’s draw at AFC Fylde, bringing in Max Wright for Ryan Galvin.

The first notable attempt occurred in the 4th minute when Aaron Henry’s shot missed the target by a considerable margin.

In the 11th minute, Wealdstone had a chance that required Town to clear the ball off the line. Despite Town’s efforts, Wealdstone secured the opening goal as Aaron Henry, on loan from Charlton, skillfully manoeuvred into the box, drilling the ball past goalkeeper Sam Johnson for his first goal in his second stint at Grosvenor Vale.

Despite a knockdown and early shot from Ferguson, it sailed over the bar. Town’s best opportunity in the 18th minute saw George and Cooke combining, resulting in a shot straight at the Wealdstone keeper.

Wealdstone continued to press for a second goal, with Marcus Obiero’s shot blocked and Johnson saving the subsequent attempt. Adan George’s shot deflected wide for a corner, but Wealdstone managed to clear.

A delay in play occurred as an assistant referee sustained an injury, prompting replacement by the fourth official, with a fan taking on the fourth official duties.

In injury time, Ferguson’s play behind the Town defense found Max Kretzschmar, who fired wide, missing a chance to secure the second goal.

The first half ended with Max Wright’s cross blocked for a corner, but Wealdstone successfully cleared the ensuing attempt, denying Town a last chance.

At the start of the second half, Town earned a corner, which Dewhurst punched away. George’s deflected shot in the 50th minute was saved by Dewhurst.

Manager Chris Millington made the first substitution just before the hour mark, bringing on Andrew Oluwabori for Max Wright.

A shot from Keane from outside the box narrowly missed the goal, ending up in the netting behind.

Despite opportunities for an equalizer, including a drive at the goal by Sub Summerfield that went wide, and a combination between Cooke and Oluwabori resulting in a shot over the bar, Wealdstone defended well.

A corner fell to Summerfield in the box, but his shot also went wide. Sam Bowen, a late substitution for Wealdstone, had a chance to double the lead but fired over the bar.

Wealdstone secured all three points in deep injury time as Tahvon Campbell, a former Town player, forced the ball home, sealing a 2-0 victory for his side.