FC Halifax Town suffered a 1-0 defeat on the road against Aldershot Town, courtesy of a goal by Lorent Tolaj eight minutes into the second half injury time.

Manager Chris Millington made two changes, bringing Luke Summerfield and Rob Harker into the starting XI for the match.

The Town team started brightly, with Rob Harker heading over a Luke Summerfield free-kick in the opening minute.

In the 24th minute, the home side appealed for a penalty as Tolaj went down under a challenge from Sam Johnson, but the referee, Sam Mulhall, waved away the claims.

A promising move from the home side saw Ryan Glover cutting in from the left and eluding Tylor Golden, but his shot missed the target.

The home players appealed for a handball when Josh Stokes’ cross hit Golden in the box, but the referee remained unmoved.

In the 23rd minute, Millenic Alli tried a long-range shot that beat the goalkeeper but struck the bar, resulting in a goal kick.

Stokes’ attempt at goal deflected into the hands of Johnson five minutes later.

Aldershot had a chance as the ball was played into Tolaj behind the Town defence, but Johnson made a crucial save.

Ryan Glover’s shot, after cutting inside, was met by a Jordan Keane header over the bar, earning a home corner. Tyler Frost’s header from the corner had to be saved low down by Johnson.

In the 57th minute, the first substitution occurred, with Max Wright replacing Rob Harker, as Millington sought the elusive opening goal. However, an offside flag denied Wright a chance after a good run orchestrated by Millenic Alli.

A foul by Golden near the by-line provided Aldershot with a free-kick, which was effectively defended.

Johnson made a crucial save as Stokes got behind the Town defence, preserving the 0-0 scoreline.

A well-placed corner from Summerfield was cleared by Aldershot on the counter-attack. Despite having an opportunity to shoot, Aldershot’s attempt was thwarted by solid Town defending, resulting in a goal kick.

Town had a golden opportunity to take the lead, but Alli’s shot went wide of the target after taking on Harries in the box.

Galvin was released down the left, but strong defending prevented a breakthrough. Alli then had an effort saved low down by Van Strappershoef as Town applied pressure in search of a winner.

The fourth official indicated eight minutes of injury time, and just as it seemed the match would end goalless, Town was denied any points as Tolaj scored in the eighth minute of injury time. Mnoga delivered a ball into the box, which Tolaj turned home for the only goal of the game.

Town will be back in action on Saturday with a home game against Solihull Moors, kicking off at 3 pm.