The match between Huddersfield Town and Watford at the John Smith’s Stadium ended in a goalless draw.

Despite the inclement weather in Huddersfield, the Terriers displayed a strong performance and maintained a positive attitude throughout the game, despite the lack of goals.

Town’s initial opportunity came in the fifth minute when Ben Wiles made a forward push towards the goal. He delivered an excellent pass to Kyle Hudlin, who was being impeded, but the striker’s return touch to Wiles created space for a shot. However, the Watford defense blocked the attempt in the box.

Following that, Matty Pearson deflected a cross from Watford, and Helik’s subsequent clearance hit Ken Sema in the face, resulting in a goal kick. Sema received treatment for a head injury and was down for a few minutes but eventually continued playing.

Hudlin’s vigorous pressing led to Daniel Bachmann hastily clearing the ball from a back pass. The ball ricocheted off the striker and went out for a Watford goal kick, setting the defensive tone that Town aimed to maintain.

Another free kick was awarded just inside the attacking half for Town after a foul on Jaheim Headley. Thomas stepped up to take the set piece directly into the box, but it had too much power. Despite Michał Helik managing to head it, the ball went out for a Watford throw-in.

In the 28th minute, Ben Jackson had an opportunity to break the deadlock after Yuta Nakayama outmuscled his opponent and demonstrated his strength. He then passed the ball to Wiles, who delivered an excellent cross to Jackson. Jackson advanced towards the box and took a shot, but the goalkeeper collected the ball, despite it passing through the Watford defenders.

Headley performed admirably on the wing, carrying the ball into the midfield area just outside the box. He passed the ball to Jackson on the edge, giving Jackson his second chance within 10 minutes. However, this attempt was blocked and rebounded back to him. Playing on the right wing this afternoon, Jackson made a short pass to Thomas, whose shot from inside the box was saved at the near post by Bachmann.

Just before half-time, Nakayama regained possession on the side of the box with a superb tackle and was then fouled by Yáser Asprilla, the same player he had just dispossessed.

After a strong first half for Town, and with two minutes of added time, the first 45 minutes concluded on level terms.

The visitors began the second half with a quick shot from Asprilla in the opening minute of play. This forced Lee Nicholls to deflect the ball around the post and resulted in a corner, which Town dealt with effectively.

Pearson handled Sema’s attack adeptly, putting his foot in to control the ball on the byline. Town was then awarded a free kick as Sema impeded the defender’s attempt to clear the ball from the dangerous area.

In the 62nd minute, Watford came close to taking the lead as Jamal Lowe fired a shot from just inside the box. However, the shot went straight at Jackson and was cleared. Helik was forced to make another block just a minute later, denying the visitors a chance to open the scoring.

This was quickly followed by an opportunity for the Terriers on the counter-attack. After an impressive play from Headley down the left, he passed the ball to Wiles just outside the box. However, Wiles’ shot went high and over the bar from distance.

Both sides showed a burst of energy as Watford resumed their attack in the 65th minute. Lowe had another close-range shot on target, but it was saved by Nicholls, maintaining the level score.

Ismaël Koné, a second-half substitute for Watford, attempted a long-range shot from outside the box, but it sailed high over Nicholls’ goal.

Town won a free kick after another foul on Headley just inside the attacking half. Thomas delivered the ball directly into the box, finding the head of Pearson, but the attempt went wide of the net.

The Hornets were then awarded a free kick closer to their target. Sema took the kick and found the head of Francisco Sierralta, but it went wide of Nicholls’ goal.

In the final moments of added time, Tom Lees executed a superb defensive header to deny Watford a winning goal.

Despite seven minutes of added time, the match concluded in a 0-0 draw in this afternoon’s Sky Bet Championship fixture against Watford.