The BBC has unveiled the initial trailer for the return of Vigil, providing viewers with a glimpse into the intense drama that unfolds across the six new episodes of the upcoming thriller. Series two is scheduled to commence at 9 pm on Sunday, 10th December, on BBC One, with the first trio of episodes accessible on BBC iPlayer from 6 am that morning.
In this fresh investigation, DCI Amy Silva (Suranne Jones) and DI Kirsten Longacre (Rose Leslie) delve into the realm of drone warfare to apprehend a killer. Following a series of inexplicable fatalities at a Scottish military facility, Silva and Longacre are entrusted with uncovering the root cause. Penetrating the closed and hostile circles of the air force, the duo must confront the perilous warfare of the future as they strive for their own survival.
Vigil’s initial series marked the UK’s most-viewed new drama debut since Bodyguard in 2018. It clinched the International Emmy and received a BAFTA nomination for Best Drama Series. The inaugural series is presently accessible for viewing on BBC iPlayer.
Vigil (6×60’) series two is produced by World Productions, an ITV Studios entity, for the BBC. It is authored and conceptualised by Tom Edge, with episodes scripted by Maryam Hamidi, James Smythe, Ryan O’Sullivan, and Matilda Wnek. The direction for series two was helmed by Andy De Emmony (The Nest, The Last Kingdom) and Joss Agnew (Deep State, Outlander). The producer is Marcus Wilson (Doctor Who, Luther), and the associate producer is George Aza-Selinger. Executive producers include Simon Heath and Jake Lushington for World Productions, Gaynor Holmes for the BBC, and Tom Edge. Stephanie Fyfe serves as the Commissioning Executive for the BBC, and international distribution is managed by ITV Studios.
Series two of Vigil will kick off at 9 pm on Sunday, 10th December, on BBC One and BBC iPlayer. The initial trio of episodes from series two will be available for streaming on BBC iPlayer from 6 am on Sunday, 10th December. The first series can currently be streamed on BBC iPlayer.
Full Availability Schedule for Vigil Series Two:
- 6 am on Sunday, 10th December – episodes one, two, and three available on BBC iPlayer
- 9 pm on Sunday, 10th December – episode one airs on BBC One
- 9 pm on Monday, 11th December – episode two airs on BBC One
- 9 pm on Tuesday, 12th December – episode three airs on BBC One
- 6 am on Sunday, 17th December – episodes four, five, and six available on BBC iPlayer
- 9 pm on Sunday, 17th December – episode four airs on BBC One
- 9 pm on Monday, 18th December – episode five airs on BBC One
- 9 pm on Tuesday, 19th December – episode six airs on BBC One