Three men have been declared guilty of their involvement in the murder and disposal of a man in Huddersfield over a decade ago.

Detectives from the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team have expressed satisfaction with the verdicts handed down by the jury against three men found responsible for their roles in the murder and subsequent disposal of Dariusz Michalowski’s body in the Huddersfield and Calderdale areas in 2011.

Adam Tolwinski, 39 years old, of Devonshire Street, Keighley, and Ernest Weber, 46 years old, were pronounced guilty at Leeds Crown Court on October 24 of Dariusz’s murder, obstructing a lawful burial, and perverting the course of justice in attempting to cover up the crime.

Piotr Weber, aged 43, of Bridgend Close in Middlesborough, was found guilty of perverting the course of justice and obstructing a lawful burial.

These men were apprehended after years of police investigation into Dariusz’s disappearance, which included numerous appeals in West Yorkshire and his native Poland.

The case underwent regular review by the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team. In January 2020, further examination led to the renewed questioning of all three implicated men and other individuals associated with them.

Subsequently, one of these associates came forward with crucial new information, leading to the apprehension of all three individuals and the discovery of Dariusz’s remains in land located in Mixenden in December 2020.

Detective Superintendent Tony Nicholson, who led the investigation, said: “I welcome the jury’s verdicts today and we now await the sentencing of these men on Thursday.
“I hope seeing these men found guilty of the crimes they inflicted Dariusz can at least begin the process of bringing some closure to his family after so many years of uncertainty about what became of him.

“This conviction demonstrates that no longer how long ago a serious unsolved crime was committed, those responsible should never stop looking over their shoulders as we will never stop looking for them.”

The men will receive their sentences at Leeds Crown Court on the morning of Thursday, October 26.