The town heads into the October international break following a third draw in four games, concluding in a goalless Yorkshire derby at Hillsborough against Sheffield Wednesday.

The match against the Owls, who dismissed their manager earlier in the week and were under the temporary charge of Neil Thompson, marked the final game before an important two-week stint on the training grounds for Darren Moore and his coaching staff.

The game saw few genuine opportunities, with Josh Koroma having the best chance in the first half, while Callum Paterson volleyed wide for the hosts at the opposite end.

However, the pivotal moment of the game was a late goal by substitute Kian Harratt, which was disallowed due to an apparent foul on the home goalkeeper.

Moore made three alterations for his return to South Yorkshire, including the return of skipper Jonathan Hogg after a one-game absence due to a calf injury. He joined Tom Edwards and Josh Koroma back in the lineup, with Sorba Thomas shifting inwards to support our front two.

With nearly 3,000 Town supporters cheering them on, the men in acid lime had to defend stoutly in the early stages as Wednesday deployed a robust front duo of Lee Gregory and Michael Smith at every opportunity. A knockdown in the fourth minute led to a half-chance for George Byers to shoot from outside the box.

In addition to their threat from corners, Wednesday also had a potent long throw-in courtesy of Will Vaulks. Lee Nicholls dealt with it assertively, twice emerging from a congested box to clear the ball early on.

Town’s initial opportunity arose in the 13th minute when opposing goalkeeper Cameron Dawson had less success with a punch, pushing the ball down to Koroma around 25 yards out. He attempted to lob the ball into the vacant net with a first-time effort but sent it bouncing just wide of the post.

The Terriers maintained territorial pressure thereafter, earning several free kicks around the edge of the home penalty area. Unfortunately, the Owls defended them well, with a direct Jack Rudoni effort striking the top of the ball and a couple of headers blocked wide.

Delano Burgzorg’s standout moment of the half arrived around the 20-minute mark when he exhibited deft footwork to retain possession with defenders around him before making a run into the box to receive the next pass. He pulled the ball back to Koroma, who turned neatly only to see his left-footed shot blocked.

Rudoni executed two very positive dribbles through the centre of the pitch in the first half, bypassing opponents, and from one, he found Thomas with a pass across the face of the box. Unfortunately, Sorba mishit his shot from 20 yards out, sending a feeble effort comfortably wide of the target.

Wednesday regained momentum as the half drew to a close, and Nicholls must have had his heart in his mouth three minutes before the interval when Gregory charged down his attempted clearance. Fortunately, the ball bounced wide for a goal kick.

The final chance of the half fell Town’s way when a foul on Yuta Nakayama on the left gave Thomas the opportunity to deliver. His cross to the back post was superb, but Helik could only hook the ball over at full stretch.

The second half mirrored the first in many respects, with only half-chances at either end.

Burgzorg was soon brought down by a centre-back when approaching a bouncing ball on the edge of Wednesday’s area, but no free kick was given. Then, at the other end, a Will Vaulks free-kick bounced in the six-yard box without receiving a touch.

Sheffield Wednesday’s most significant chance of the game fell to Callum Paterson in the 64th minute when centre-back Bernard nodded down a corner into the area, but the former Cardiff City player volleyed powerfully wide on the turn.

Helik dragged a speculative shot wide before Thomas, uncharacteristically, delivered two attempted crosses poorly as the Terriers broke effectively down the right flank.

In the end, the last meaningful action of the game was arguably the biggest talking point. Substitute Brahima Diarra was brought down on the right after a clever turn, affording Thomas another opportunity to deliver a free kick. The delivery struck a defender and looped into the air, and when goalkeeper Dawson and Tom Lees contested, the ‘keeper’s punch fell to Kian Harratt – who volleyed into the net. Unfortunately, referee Donohue had already blown the whistle for a foul on the custodian that appeared soft.