FC Halifax Town secured a comfortable 2-0 victory against Ebbsfleet United at the Kuflink Stadium.

Manager Chris Millington stuck with the same lineup that triumphed over Woking earlier in the week, though Luke Summerfield returned to the bench.

The opening moments were challenging for the Shaymen as Angelo Cappello sustained an injury in the third minute. Despite receiving treatment, he couldn’t continue and was substituted by striker Aaron Cosgrave.

The first corner of the game arrived in the 10th minute. Tylor Golden fed the ball to Florent Hoti at the edge of the box, but he faced immediate pressure and was unable to take a shot.

Shortly after, a promising move led to Andrew Oluwabori having a shot deflected wide, resulting in another corner. Mark Cousins, the home goalkeeper, safely claimed Golden’s delivery into the box.

Hayden White embarked on a long run from his own half, only to be fouled by Millenic Alli near the corner flag. The subsequent cross into the near post was met by Johnson’s attempt to punch it, but the ball landed on top of the net.

Ebbsfleet advanced down the right with Nathan Odokonyero, who delivered the ball into the box. However, a well-timed challenge from Ben Chapman prevented him from taking a shot.

A foul on Tylor Golden in the 23rd minute awarded the Shaymen a freekick. Florent Hoti’s delivery into the box was met by a header from Adam Senior, opening the scoring.

Town sought to double their lead, but Alli’s long-range effort sailed well over the bar.

A swift freekick allowed Ebbsfleet to send the ball into the box. Although it was cleared, it fell to Luke O’Neill, whose shot narrowly missed the post.

Chris Solly received the first booking for a foul on Ryan Galvin at the edge of the box. Florent Hoti’s attempt went over the bar, making it an easy save for Cousins.

A strong run from Ryan Galvin resulted in a shot from the edge of the box, deflected wide for a corner.

In the closing moments of the first half, the home team had a chance following a foul on Darren McQueen 25 yards from goal. Ben Chapman’s effort curled over the bar, and the halftime whistle blew.

Ebbsfleet made a change at the start of the second half, bringing on Omari Sterling-James for Haydn Hollis.

Hoti and Cosgrave combined, earning Town a corner. Golden delivered to the edge of the box, but Hoti’s return pass was ruled offside. A long ball to Nathan Odokonyero led to a one-on-one with Sam Johnson, but the tight-angled shot was saved.

A throw-in targeted Amari-James, who went down in the box, but the referee, Michael Crusham, made no call.

In the 57th minute, Town extended their lead. Oluwabori played the ball across the six-yard box, and substitute Aaron Cosgrave tucked it home from close range, marking his first goal of the season.

Town seemed poised to make it three when Ryan Galvin’s effort was saved by Cousins. The rebound fell to Alli, but his attempt was cleared off the line by Hayden White, resulting in a corner.

Golden collected the ball and played it into the middle. Hoti’s shot was deflected into the air and saved by Cousins.

Ebbsfleet’s first shot at goal came from a counterattack. Amari Sterling-James found David Amoo, but Johnson parried his shot away.

The Shaymen had another golden opportunity to make it three, with Golden down the right. He pulled the ball back for Oluwabori, but his first-time shot was off-target.

Oluwabori had the goal in his sights again a minute later, but his effort went straight at Cousins from the edge of the box.

Adam Senior surged up the field and reached the edge of the box, but his effort posed no threat to the home goal.

Six minutes of injury time were added at the end of normal time. Oluwabori broke through on goal and shot wide, but the play was called back for a foul.

Neither side managed to find a late goal, and the Shaymen returned north with all three points.