Under Kevin McDonald’s temporary leadership, the Bantams clinched their third consecutive victory, triumphing over AFC Wimbledon with a 1-0 win at the Cherry Red Records Stadium.

The sole goal of this closely contested match was netted by second-half substitute Emmanuel Osadebe, who coolly secured his second goal in as many games, ensuring all three points made their way back to West Yorkshire.

This win also marks back-to-back clean sheets in the league and City’s inaugural triumph in the capital this season.

With an upbeat atmosphere and a substantial following in tow, clad in claret and amber, the visitors started the game on the front foot.

Within the initial three minutes, Jamie Walker and Andy Cook both tested Dons goalkeeper Alex Bass, before City’s No.9 made another attempt ten minutes later, only to have his shot blocked.

As the clock ticked past the 20-minute mark, the hosts began to assert themselves. Josh Davison seized upon a loose pass from Sam Stubbs, but a City defender swiftly snuffed out the chance.

In a bid to end the half in the lead, Josh Neufville and Armani Little linked up on the break, posing a threat on the flanks. However, City comfortably cleared the latter’s cross.

The Dons intensified their quest for an opener, with Little and James Tilley both unleashing hopeful strikes, each brilliantly parried by Harry Lewis. The visitors navigated the danger, ensuring they entered halftime with the scoreline level.

As an hour passed in South London, the pursuit of the game’s inaugural goal gained momentum. Tilley’s surging run culminated in a precise through-ball for the ever-present Little, but he powered his strike over Lewis’ crossbar.

City responded to this close call in splendid fashion, edging ahead in what remained a closely contested affair. A lengthy ball towards Andy Cook was nodded down to Emmanuel Osadebe, who, having been introduced moments earlier, and buoyed by his inaugural goal for City on Tuesday evening, expertly controlled the ball and slotted it past former Bantam Alex Bass in goal.

Moments later, the goal was nearly cancelled out, as former Sutton United striker Omar Bugiel’s headed effort ricocheted off the post, only to be cleared by the City defence.

The Bantams summoned resolute defending as the Dons continued to mount pressure in the closing stages. Liam Ridehalgh sprang into action, intercepting the ball aimed at Bugiel, heroically preventing the target man from finding the net.

McDonald’s squad were not satisfied with just one goal and persisted in their offensive efforts. Jamie Walker’s side-footed attempt was repelled by Bass.

The Bantams saw out the match with composure, sending the jubilant 986 City supporters back to BD8 in high spirits.