The Huddersfield Giants dominated Hull FC at the MKM Stadium, securing a resounding 52-20 victory on Saturday afternoon.

The Giants, eager to finish 2023 with a positive record against the Black and Whites, took an early lead. A well-placed pass by Kevin Naiqama was deftly redirected by Jermaine McGillvary, allowing him to stroll in at the corner.

Hull FC retaliated swiftly, capitalising on some weak defending from the Giants. Tex Hoy orchestrated a play that set up Tui Lolohea and Adam Milner for a clever dummy and an easy score beneath the posts.

The home team struck again shortly after, as Andre Savelio led a rapid break, culminating in former Giant Darnell McIntosh finishing the move.

However, our time trailing was brief. Esan Marsters, a player with a penchant for scoring at the MKM Stadium, exploited a gap, bringing us back to level terms.

As the Giants intensified the pressure on Hull FC, we earned our fourth dropout of the game, with Jake Clifford opting for the long option. Yet, this didn’t deter us.

Seb Ikahihifo, a man on a mission, bulldozed Andre Savelio and Tex Hoy over the line, showcasing an impressive effort from the burly player.

Despite boos and jeers from the home fans, Jake Connor successfully added the goal, giving us a six-point advantage at halftime: 16-10.

Hull FC briefly rallied, as Andre Savelio broke through a gap in the Giants’ defence, scoring a vital try for the home side.

Following this home-side triumph, there was no looking back. A series of scores from Ian Watson’s men allowed us to seize control.

First, Kevin Naqiama capitalised on a link-up with Tui Lolohea. The latter executed a deft kick behind the defence, which was scooped up by Kevin, enabling him to score beneath the posts.

Moments later, he secured his second, courtesy of another contribution from Tui. The influential half-back delivered a mesmerising offload, allowing the Fijian International to crash over.

Full-back Will Pryce then added two more scores, one from a well-placed kick by Jake Connor, followed by a rapid counterattack orchestrated by Jermaine McGillvary. Will outpaced Darnell McIntosh to secure the points, resulting in a score of 40-14.

Kevin Naiqama rounded off a stellar afternoon, powering through the FC defence to complete his hat-trick. This brought his Super League tally to 14 tries in his inaugural season with the Giants.

With time running out, the FC defence was in disarray. Adam O’Brien spotted an opening but fell just short. Nevertheless, Tui Lolohea set up Jermaine McGillvary for his second try just moments before the final whistle.

In a touching moment for the home side, Scott Taylor scored on the buzzer in his last home game for Hull FC. However, it proved to be only a consolation as the Giants emerged as convincing victors on this satisfying afternoon.