Ossett United advanced to the Preliminary Round of the esteemed FA Cup with a 2-0 victory over 1874 Northwich.

Alex Peterson’s double secured a comfortable win for the home team, treating both sets of supporters to an exhilarating match.

The opening half showcased Ossett’s dominance, with Northwich struggling to keep up.

Executing a high-speed, fluid brand of football, David Brown, Ossett United’s assistant manager standing in for head coach Grant Black, aimed for an early breakthrough.

This goal materialised in the 16th minute, courtesy of Alex Peterson. A brilliant display of skill by TJ Ibrahim on the near flank enabled him to deliver a perfect cross to the waiting Ossett number 9, who skillfully headed the ball past the valiant 1874 Northwich goalkeeper, Ellis Allen.

Merely five minutes later, Rafa Ferreira, a recent trialist signing, outwitted his marker, finding the active Ibrahim whose shot was parried by Allen, leading to a corner for Ossett.

From the ensuing corner kick, Corey Gregory’s enticing in-swinging cross found Peterson unmarked at the back post. Peterson displayed remarkable agility, volleying the ball with precision into the net, leaving the spectators in the renowned Ingfield stadium amazed.

In the latter part of the first half, 1874 Northwich managed to gain some footing, attempting to recover before the break.

At halftime, the score stood at 2-0 in favour of Ossett United.

As the second half commenced, Ossett sought to defend their two-goal lead, emulating their dominant first-half performance.

In the third minute of the second half, TJ Ibrahim’s shot was fumbled by Allen, presenting Derry Robson with a potential game-sealing opportunity. However, the linesman’s flag halted the celebrations, keeping the score at 2-0.

In the 57th minute, 1874 Northwich’s fans finally witnessed their team launch a serious offensive, as Lucas Weir’s long-range strike seemed destined for the net. Ossett’s goalkeeper, Dan Montgomery, expertly parried the shot away for a corner.

Captain Harry Coates continued to shine in the second half, making a crucial last-ditch tackle that led to a brief break for the players to rehydrate and regroup.

In the 68th minute, another scoring opportunity emerged for Ossett as Josh Woodcock delivered a precise low cross to Ferreira, who, unfortunately, failed to capitalise.

Throughout the dominant second half, Ossett pushed for a decisive third goal.

In the 77th minute, Ossett came close once more as Paddy Miller intercepted a swift distribution by Northwich’s keeper, allowing Ibrahim a shot on goal that struck the post and was cleared away.

With time running out, Northwich needed to go all-out on the attack. However, in the dying moments of stoppage time, Peterson found himself one-on-one with the keeper. Despite seemingly being fouled, play continued, and Peterson slotted the ball into the net to secure his hat-trick and ensure Ossett’s progression.

The final whistle marked the end of an exciting match. Ossett United now moves forward to the Preliminary Round, where they’ll face either Wythenshawe or Campion AFC at the Ingfield Stadium on August 19th.

Alex Peterson, the standout striker, was rightfully named the man of the match, his double securing the victory for Ossett United. The final score stood at 2-0.