In the Halifax Cricket League First Division, Greetland found themselves facing difficulties in dealing with the pitch conditions. Their performance at Clayton was marked by a total score of 111 runs, reflecting their struggle. This tally could have been considerably lower if not for the determined efforts of Shakeel Mahmood, positioned at number 3 in the batting order. Mahmood’s unbeaten score of 55 runs came close to constituting half of the team’s total runs.

The bowlers in good form for this match were Kashif Talib, who took 4 wickets for 10 runs, and Mitesh Mistry, securing 4 wickets for 22 runs. Their performances were commendable. However, the Greetland bowlers also proved their prowess, with four of them collectively sharing the wickets. As a result, Clayton fell short of their target, concluding their innings at 103 runs all out, just 8 runs shy. Notably, Mahmood’s earlier impressive innings played a pivotal role in securing the victory for his team.

Likewise at Southowram it was third-placed Great Horton PC who also found the sixties difficult to circumnavigate, tripping up from 56-2 to 69-6 after skipper Adam Beasley had fought hard for his 30 runs in 84 minutes. It was first change bowler Ian Gledhill who did the damage here, almost unplayable as he recorded figures of 7.2-3-7-6 as Horton fell to 80 all out. Bottom-of-the-table Rams put a chink of light into its dark relegation tunnel, as it collected a surprise 12 points, winning by six wickets at 82-4, with Yasir Mahmood leading them home with 36 not out.

Low Moor HT’s top order progressed well, as Shelf Northowram HT visited, and took the score to 97-3 with Ryan Williamson (44) top scoring. However with the introduction of Harry Talbot (4-44) there was a noticeable slowing down and a further six wickets fell for only 47 runs as Trinity closed on 146-9. It proved 57 runs too much for Hedge Top however as it was bowled out for 89, only two batters reaching double-figures, both 25, as James Overend took 4-8..

As at the majority of grounds the league leaders, Warley, found the going tough as it was sent in to bat by its hosts, Mount, and eventually managed a respectable 154-8, given the conditions. Warley’s opener, Chris Marsh (42), was top-scorer as Adnaan Rawat took 4-31. Mount continued the theme of a near bottom team beating a top one, as it reached a winning 160-7 in the 42nd over despite being 66-6 at one stage. It was Anees Rawat (55 not out) and Ibrahim Shaikh (20 not out) who provided the winning partnership that was a promotion setback for Warley.