FC Halifax Town has made an impressive start to their season, securing a convincing 2-0 victory over Bromley at the Shay Stadium.

This match marked the first competitive game for Town since their FA Trophy triumph at Wembley in May. They continued their winning momentum with second-half goals from Jack Evans and Millenic Alli.

The first half saw FC Halifax Town on the front foot, creating early chances and testing Bromley’s defence. However, Bromley gained momentum around the 20-minute mark, putting pressure on Town and forcing goalkeeper Sam Johnson to make an excellent double save.

As the first half progressed, both teams had opportunities to score, with Jude Arthur’s free-kick narrowly missing the target and Jamie Cooke’s shot going wide.

The second half started with a great chance for Town’s Rob Harker, but his headed effort went just over the bar. However, it wasn’t long before they broke the deadlock. Jack Evans, assisted by a precise pass from left-back Ryan Galvin, chipped the ball beautifully over Bromley’s keeper to give FC Halifax Town the lead in the 54th minute.

Bromley’s Cheek tried to respond quickly with a header, but it was comfortably saved by Johnson. The game saw some contentious decisions, with Evans being booked, which raised some eyebrows among the fans.

FC Halifax Town continued to dominate, and in the 65th minute, substitute Max Wright played a crucial role. He received a brilliant pass from Jordan Keane and squared it for Millenic Alli, who made amends for an earlier missed opportunity by slotting the ball into the net, securing his first goal of the season and doubling Town’s advantage.

Bromley tried to stage a comeback, but their efforts were not successful, as evidenced by Krahaus’ wayward shot late in the game.

The final whistle brought a well-deserved victory for FC Halifax Town, and the fans at the Shay Stadium were overjoyed with the team’s performance. The win sets a positive tone for their upcoming match against Boreham Wood next Saturday.