FC Halifax Town secured their inaugural away victory of the season as they triumphed 2-1 against local rivals Oldham Athletic.

Under the leadership of Chris Millington, FC Halifax Town made two alterations to their lineup from the previous weekend’s defeat against Boreham Wood. Jamie Cooke and Andrew Oluwabori earned positions in the starting eleven.

The game’s opening goal arrived courtesy of a spectacular long-range strike from forward Rob Harker, leaving Oldham’s substitute goalkeeper Matt Hudson helpless. However, the hosts levelled the score when a mishandled corner resulted in Mark Shelton’s tap-in. FC Halifax Town clinched victory when Adam Senior connected with a corner delivered by Tylor Golden.

In the third minute, a clearance by Oluwabori inadvertently hit Joe Nuttall’s face, necessitating medical attention from the Oldham physio.

FC Halifax Town earned a corner in the 5th minute after Tylor Golden’s cross was obstructed by Mark Kitching. Ryan Galvin’s subsequent corner kick was deflected out for another, though the team was unable to capitalise on the opportunity.

Shortly thereafter, Adam Senior received the ball in midfield and attempted a goal-bound shot that sailed well over the target.

Oldham launched an attack as Mark Sheron’s shot was blocked. Additionally, a left-sided move involving Kitching and Norwood presented a clear chance, but Johnson made a crucial save.

Harker set his sights on goal, his attempt from the right side of the box thwarted by Hudson. Oluwabori embarked on an impressive run, resulting in a shot opportunity from the edge of the box, which, however, soared over the bar.

Yet, on the 31st minute, FC Halifax Town took the lead with a magnificent goal. Jamie Stott delivered a pass to Rob Harker, who found the net from 30 yards out, securing his first goal of the season to the delight of the visiting fans.

Oldham attempted an immediate response, winning a corner when Ben Tollitt’s cross was blocked. Johnson punched the delivery away.

A lofted ball sought out Jamie Cooke, who managed to beat a defender but directed his curling shot wide of the post.

Oldham eventually equalised through a set piece. A corner delivery was missed by Sam Johnson, and the ball fell to Mark Shelton, who tapped it into the net.

Adam Senior received a yellow card for his foul and subsequent reaction towards the assistant referee.

Oluwabori also earned a yellow card as the first half concluded due to his protests over a disputed free-kick decision.

A free-kick struck the FC Halifax Town wall but fell to Brennan Dickenson, whose subsequent shot narrowly missed the target.

Cooke won possession and surged forward, but he was fouled, resulting in a booking for the defender. The ensuing ball into the box was cleared for a corner, but the subsequent delivery was too high for everyone, leading to a goal kick.

Jamie Cooke capitalised on a loose ball from the goalkeeper, advancing into the box. However, Hudson smothered the ball at Galvin’s feet, salvaging the situation for his team.

Oluwabori found Harker on the left side of the box, his shot saved by the goalkeeper, resulting in a corner. FC Halifax Town then capitalised on the ensuing corner, with Golden’s delivery flicked on and Senior bundling the ball into the net.

Oluwabori embarked on a skillful run, evading a couple of challenges to reach the box, but his shot was directed at Hudson.

A foul by Oluwabori earned him a warning, with the home crowd clamoring for a card. Nevertheless, he received a final chance, having already been booked in the first half.

The first substitution of the match saw Max Wright replace Jamie Cooke with 12 minutes remaining, and he narrowly missed the target with a long-range effort.

A late challenge from Mike Fondop resulted in a booking, along with Jordan Keane and Jack Hunter for their reactions to the challenge.

A challenge between Golden and Fondop in the box caused a commotion, as the home players and fans demanded a penalty. However, the referee deemed it not a foul, and Kitching was subsequently booked.

For the second consecutive year, FC Halifax Town secured victory at Boundary Park, returning to West Yorkshire with all three points.