Mark Hughes’ Bantams rekindled their winning form with a 1-0 triumph over Crewe Alexandra at the University of Bradford Stadium.

Jamie Walker, in his return from injury, netted his first goal of the season just before half-time, securing all three points and upholding City’s flawless home record this season.

The Bantams initiated the match brightly in the initial 10 minutes, with their most promising opportunity originating from Lewis Richards. The latest addition to City’s lineup outpaced his marker along the byline, delivering an enticing cross into the visitors’ territory. However, Harvey Davies thwarted his cross with a parry, and no City player managed to capitalise on the rebound.

Approaching the 30-minute mark in the first half, the visiting side dominated possession without posing a threat to City, until they gained possession high up the pitch within the Bantams’ half. Harry Lewis saved Rio Adebisi’s left-footed attempt at the far post.

As the first half neared its conclusion, City gained momentum, breaking the deadlock just moments before the halftime whistle. After a spell of well-sustained possession, Kevin McDonald delivered an inviting cross that found Walker, who expertly guided the ball home at the far post, marking his first goal of the season.

The second half commenced with the Bantams on the offensive, pressing Lee Bell’s men and striving to double their lead.

They came close following a swift exchange down the left flank between Richards and Alex Pattison. The latter’s cross was directed into the six-yard box, but no player in claret and amber managed to make contact with the delivery.

City persisted in exerting pressure on the Cheshire side, aggressively regaining possession high up the field. Richie Smallwood located Pattison at the edge of the box, but his attempt from 18 yards was deflected and blocked.

A few minutes later, Pattison had another opportunity to find the back of the net, if not for a commendable save by Davies.

In the closing moments, the visiting team surged forward, earning a series of late corners that posed a threat to the Bantams. Following a cleared corner, Harry Lewis saved Joel Tabiner’s deflected long-range strike, conceding another corner. Nevertheless, City managed to clear the danger and clinch the full three points.