Castleford Tigers faced a challenging match at the MKM Stadium, ultimately losing out to Hull FC with a score of 36-18. The Tigers fought hard but couldn’t overcome the determined home team.

The game kicked off with an early attack from Castleford Tigers. Just four minutes into the match, Dean launched a high bomb that was caught by Litten. However, the FC fullback lost possession upon contact in a tackle on his own 20-meter line. Taking advantage of another penalty, Castleford Tigers looked to Wallis on the left edge. Despite Wallis’ attempt to dive in, he was met by a barrage of black and white defenders and forced out of play.

Only two minutes later, Swift of Hull FC made his mark. Trueman executed a kick behind the Tigers’ defence on the last play, and the ball, unfortunately, bounced cruelly in front of Faraimo. Faraimo batted it backward, and Swift, the Hull winger, collected it and grounded the ball in the corner to secure the first try for the hosts.

Castleford Tigers fought back on the 12th minute, capitalising on consecutive sets inside the 10-meter line. Widdop’s clever kick was knocked on by the opposition, granting the Tigers excellent field position. They made the most of it and found Wallis once again on the left edge, where he successfully grounded the ball in the corner. Widdop’s first kick of the game was a beauty, as he slotted it from the touchline, giving Castleford Tigers a lead.

Hull FC managed to regain the lead halfway through the first 40 minutes. After benefiting from a high shot in their favor, they found themselves on the Tigers’ doorstep. Tuimavave spotted a gap and skillfully sneaked through to score a try.

Castleford Tigers levelled the score through a penalty for offside. Opting to take the two points on offer, the Fords relied on Widdop’s accurate kicking, and he effortlessly slotted the ball through the posts, tying the contest at 8 points apiece.

The Tigers displayed exceptional defensive prowess in the subsequent sets. Despite being pinned on their own line three times, they valiantly met their opponents’ advances and successfully kept the hosts at bay.

In the final minute of the first half, Castleford Tigers sought to regain the advantage. A penalty was kicked to a 30-meter distance from the goal line, and Jacob Miller attempted to chase his own kick. While he succeeded in doing so, his kick was charged down and collected by Hull FC, resulting in a level score at halftime.

Hull FC wasted no time opening the scoring in the second half, as Satae forcefully barged his way over the line. Although it appeared that he had knocked on during the grounding, the try was awarded after consulting the in-goal judge.

Just a minute later, Hull FC struck again. Satae broke through the defensive line but couldn’t reach the try line himself. Instead, he offloaded the ball to Swift, who outpaced Widdop and scored to the left of the posts.

The Tigers showed resilience and responded on the 51st minute. Westerman broke through a tackle, leaving only the fullback in his path. With Broadbent positioned on his inside, Westerman delivered a well-timed pass to the Ford’s centre, who sprinted under the sticks to secure a try.

Unfortunately for Castleford Tigers, their happiness was short-lived. Right from the subsequent kick-off, Broadbent spilled the ball, providing an opportunity for Hull FC to strike back. Dwyer retrieved the ball from the back of the tackle on the fourth play, found fullback Litten running at pace, and Litten finished off the move by grounding the ball in the corner.

This opening try in the second half was swiftly followed by another. A “6-again” call awarded just 5 meters from the Castleford Tigers’ line, and a well-executed offload to Cam Scott resulted in him dotting down under the posts.

With 14 minutes remaining on the clock, the situation worsened for Castleford Tigers. Scott managed to break a tackle from Liam Watts, spotting space ahead of him. He capitalised on the opportunity, scoring his second try of the afternoon right under the uprights.

The Tigers did manage to score another try with 10 minutes left to play. A rare penalty and a “six-again” call provided the Fords with valuable field position. They executed a fluid left-to-right move and found Faraimo on the edge. The former Hull FC player powered his way over in the corner to score a try.

Despite their efforts, Castleford Tigers couldn’t bridge the gap, and Hull FC emerged victorious at the end of a tough afternoon at the MKM Stadium.