In an intense rugby league match between Hull FC and Castleford Tigers, Hull FC emerged victorious with a commanding performance. The game started with an early attempt by Hull FC to score, but their efforts were nullified by the video referee’s decision, ruling out a try due to the involvement of two FC players.

Castleford Tigers seized the opportunity from the resulting penalty, with Liam Sutcliffe failing to gather the ball after a kick from Broadbent. Hull FC regained possession and swiftly passed the ball to an unmarked Tate, who touched it down, breaking the deadlock after eight minutes.

Castleford Tigers fought back and came close to scoring after 23 minutes. Matagi broke through the defensive line, offloading the ball to the skipper McShane, who gained more ground before passing to Martin. However, the subsequent kick by Castleford Tigers went astray, and the referee allowed play to continue, sparing Hull FC from conceding points.

Hull FC extended their lead 15 minutes before halftime when a low kick deflected off a Castleford Tigers player and landed in the hands of Jake Clifford. Spotting Swift on the wing, Clifford sent a pass, allowing Swift to score his first try of the match.

Swift continued to make an impact and secured his second try of the afternoon on the half-hour mark. Hull FC displayed skillful play by shifting the ball from right to left, and Swift successfully dived into the corner. The video referee reviewed the try and confirmed the validity of the score.

Just minutes later, Griffin broke through the defense, passing to Clifford despite being tackled by Robb. From the floor, Brown received the ball and sprinted in, extending Hull FC’s lead to 22 points.

Castleford Tigers managed to get on the board just before halftime through a clever manoeuvre involving their forwards and halves. Alex Sutcliffe found Fonua, who crossed the try line after a precise pass. The video referee reviewed the play, confirming the legitimacy of the try and providing Castleford Tigers with their first score of the game.

At halftime, Castleford Tigers trailed by 18 points but displayed positive signs in their gameplay.

Four minutes into the second half, Jordan Lane scored a try for Hull FC. Castleford Tigers were penalised for a push by Griffin while in possession, followed by a high shot from Turner. Hoy passed to Lane in the subsequent set, and despite encountering strong defence, Lane managed to dot the ball down in the corner.

After a 16-minute lull, Hull FC struck again. George Lawler’s powerful run toward the try line resulted in the ball being dislodged, finding Swift just five meters from his own line. Swift broke through the defence and almost made a full-field run before being caught by Tate. Swift eventually secured his hat-trick try after a well-executed pass from Clifford.

With 11 minutes remaining, Will Tate, a recent addition to Castleford Tigers from city rivals Hull KR, made his mark with a superb try. Tate showcased his agility by cutting inside and crossing the try line, earning Castleford Tigers their second try of the match.

Hull FC’s Josh Griffin was shown a yellow card for dissent with six minutes left on the clock. Despite believing he had grounded the ball, the referee ruled a knock-on, leading to Griffin’s disagreement and subsequent punishment. He was sidelined for the remainder of the game.

In the final moments of the match, Scott scored a try for Hull FC. The video referee reviewed the grounding and touchline before confirming the validity of the score.

Hull FC’s dominant performance secured them a well-deserved victory over Castleford Tigers.